Friday 28 October 2011

Right amount of Beyghairat

I just can't get enough of the song Aalu Andey by Beyghairat Brigade - and the video! I think I played it about fifty times at work (I had secretly vowed to learn all of the lyrics by time out and I think I might have it down) Anyway, this band's awesome. And very Lahori. That much is obvious just by looking at them - particularly the vocalist, Ali. He has that strong Lahori jaw if you will. And then when you listen to the song, the punjabi accent is very Lahori - different from the Islamabadi punjabis.

As much as I like the song, I love the video and especially Ali's expressions! It's just one of those things that you keep looking at - seriously his expressions are hilarious. Anyway, today I saw a footage of the band being interviewed by Dawn and what I didn't understand was why Ali feels he has to say, "Trust me, we don't believe in half of the things we have said - it's just that rhyme bhi to kerna hota hai gana"

Dude you guys made a point with a rebellious, bad ass attidude and an extremely hard hitting, explosive song  and it's doing what it's supposed to do; get a laugh out of everyone (everyone except the people they bashed in the song of course.) Just don't ruin it by acting like you're scared of what other people or what the media or critics will say. Don't wuss out. I mean hello?! they landed an article on page 2 in today's Dawn! So the video's working. BB now needs to stick to what they said in the song - they have a point of view and they put it out there in a way that's making most of the youth like and support them so I don't really see why they're going all politically correct on everyone's ass now.

Check the video out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znGyNuF_KMU

No comments:

Post a Comment